Before I jump into the real intent of this post, I thought I think it’s fitting to share some of the backstory to my journey on becoming The Wedding Pixie. If you are reading this, then hopefully you have already read my Meet the Pixie page and know that weddings have been my passion since I was 7. Well, long before The Wedding Pixie got its wings, when I was just a girl who loved weddings and all things pretty, I’d attend bridal shows just for the pure fun of it (Ok, if I’m really being honest, I’d geek out a little with excitement when one was approaching).
It was at one of those shows where I saw a booth to become a certified Wedding Planner. I still remember my initial thought…”OMG! Seriously? How amazingly awesome and fun would that be?” I took the brochure and tucked it away in my binder full of wedding things. I went on with life because at that time, I was a full-time university student with readings, projects and finals to consume my time. It wasn’t until after graduation and landing a corporate job that I pulled out my binder to find the brochure again. I honestly can’t describe the feeling but just knew, deep down, this was something I had to pursue. I signed up for the course in September 2009 and looking back now, it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. When I took the course, I had no idea it would lead to creating this life and business I love.
When I’m meeting with potential couples, it always gives me great pride to say The Wedding Pixie, and day-of assistants, are proud graduates of The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada (WPIC). While this sounds all dandy and lovely, many couples don’t know what it actually means so I thought it was fitting to do this post and share their Code of Ethics. As WPIC Certified Wedding Coordinators, we have been formally educated in Wedding Coordination and must abide by the following Code of Ethics. Failing to abide can result in losing our Certification and being disbarred from the WPIC Alumni Association.
Code of Ethics:
- We do not accept kickbacks (money for referrals) from vendors. Vendors must know that the clients are the recipients of any discounts given.
- We treat each client fairly, and we will be honest and upfront in the representation of our clients.
- We uphold our ethics. We will not take or attempt to take clients from, or discredit, other vendors with gossip or slander.
- Every client will receive a detailed contract for Wedding Day Direction, Destination or Full Wedding Coordination services.
- We will provide all services agreed upon in the contract that must be signed by both the client and Coordinator at the commencement of service.
- We believe in continuous education, networking and training within the Wedding Industry.
- Our pricing is upfront and industry comparable.
- We will make every effort to return calls and emails in a timely manner. (Within 48 hrs.)
- We always endeavour to benefit our client and not ourselves. Vendors are suggested on merit, in the best interests of the client, not ourselves or the vendor suggested.
- We cannot guarantee your wedding will be perfect, but we can guarantee we will do everything within our power to make sure it is as close to perfection as it can be.
If you are recently engaged, show yourself some love by hiring a wedding planning pro. For more information on services and to enquire about our availability for your wedding date, send a note here. Don’t be shy, we can’t wait to hear from you!